Starhub has just released the packages available for the new upcoming Google Pixel 4 and Google Pixel 4 XL that is for release in Singapore on Saturday, 26 October 2019.
So what are they offering?
So what does that mean?
This means that:
- Starhub’s sign up offer right now for the Google Pixel 4 an extra 10GB data monthly for 2 years and if you buy online via starhub.com, you will get free weekend data!
- If you are switching from another provider (e.g. Singtel, M1, etc.), they will also offer an extra $200 OFF the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL with sign-up to a $75 2-year plan and above.
Starhub Google Pixel 4 two-year plans in Singapore
Starhub is offering the following pricing option depending on your preferred Google Pixel 4 phone model. That is:
So what does the Starhub Google Pixel 4 plans mean?
Right now are three Google Pixel phone models on offer.
- Google Pixel 4 (64GB)
- Google Pixel 4 XL (128GB)
- Google Pixel 4 XL (128GB)
So you can choose between them the phone size (form factor for the phone) you would like, whether your Google Pixel 4 has a: 1) normal screensize or the 2) bigger screensize?
- If you want the normal screensize – Google Pixel 4 (64GB) is your option.
- If you want the bigger screensize– Google Pixel 4 XL is your option.
- Then it’s just then a matter of how much space you would like and if you are willing to pay a little bit more for more space (64GB or 128GB). That is, Google Pixel 4 XL (64GB) and Google Pixel 4 XL (128GB).
It’s all up to personal choice.
Regardless, here are what the phone plans offered by Starhub, the only telecom provider exclusively selling these phones in Singapore.
They offer two choices on whether to 1) pay now or 2) pay later. What that means:
- You pay now – pay for your phone outright upfront, with no further costs for the phone
- You pay later – pay S$0 now for your phone and instead pay for it on an ongoing basis in instalments with your Starhub bill.
If you are debating between the options, from my simulations on Starhub website that I have tested with, it is cheaper to pay now and buy the phone outright, so it’s a matter of whether you are able and willing to do that. You also should factor in the type of Starhub plan you are intending to choose to go along with it, as that will change the pricing as you would have seen. (Note – #hellochange is the name of the main Starhub mobile plans).
|Google Pixel 4 (64GB)||Google Pixel 4 XL (64GB)||Google Pixel 4 XL (128GB)|
|$50 2-year plan||$29/month |
Or pay $639 upfront
Or pay $819 upfront
Or pay $959 upfront
|$75 2-year plan||$18/month |
Or pay $379 upfront
Or pay $559 upfront
Or pay $699 upfront
|$105 2-year plan||$11/month |
Or pay $199 upfront
Or pay $369 upfront
Or pay $519 upfront
|$238 2-year plan||$0||$5/month |
Or pay $49 upfront
Or pay $189 upfront
Which plan and phone should I be looking at?
Personally, I am looking at the Google Pixel 4 XL model and S$50 or S$75 plans and to buy outright (that is, pay now).
Why? After using the Google Pixel 2 XL for a couple of years, I personally enjoyed the larger screen. I also use data more on my phone and call less, so the Google Pixel 4 XL model and S$50 or S$75 plans are what I am looking into. The battery life I am also hearing is better on the Google Pixel 4 XL.
I am looking at the GOOGLE PIXEL 4 XL 128GB phone
Here’s what these options look on Starhub’s website:
- Google Pixel 4 XL model S$50/ monthly plan – S$959 upfront
- Google Pixel 4 XL model S$75/ monthly plan – S$699 upfront
Plus another S$200 off if I am porting the phone from another telecom provider (e.g. Singtel, M1, etc.).
So for new-to-Starhub mobile users only, this brings it in line with the S$200 voucher from Google Store if you buy the Google Pixel 4 from them, though you can also look at Courts and Challenger for competing offers as well.
For current pre-release offers, you can read more details here on where else you can buy the Google Pixel 4 in Singapore).
Google pixel 4 xl 128GB #hellochange monthly plans
Here’s a deeper look at the S$50 and S$75 plans for the Google Pixel 4 XL 128GB.
GOOGLE PIXEL 4 XL 128GB 75/ MONTHLY
Google pixel 4 xl 128GB 50/ monthly
That is, for my example, this is where I can easily see on Starhub’s website what I would be looking pay for the Google Pixel 4 phones outright.
If you are curious what the instalment plan would look like for a Google Pixel 4XL 128GB phone. Compared to say S$699 outright cost.
You’ll be looking at:
- Google Pixel 4XL 128GB S$699 upfront, 0 month instalment (taking no instalment plan) = Total S$699
- Google Pixel 4XL 128GB S$0 upfront, 12 month instalment of $62.42 = Total S$749
- Google Pixel 4XL 128GB S$0 upfront, 24 month instalment of $31.21 = Total S$749
So you’ll be paying S$50 dollars more to be engaging the instalment plan with Starhub. I personally would not be looking at the instalment plans as I do not think it is worth it for my situation. Though if I did want the instalment plan, I would recommend the 24 month instalment. At least for the Google Pixel 4XL 128GB that I simulated here. Please do check based on your phone model and in the event of future Starhub promotions.
Here are some sample screenshots of the Starhub instalment options:
I hope that helps you choose your Google Pixel 4 phone and choose the best place that suits your situation best to get one. I loved the Google Pixel 2XL, so I can’t wait to get my hands on this new Google Pixel 4XL!
For current Starhub customers
Please do note, that if you are already currently a Starhub customer, your Google Pixel pricing will have no further discounts (of the S$200 off from Starhub).
I just tested it and received the following for a Google Pixel 4 XL 128 GB 2-year plan upfront:
- Where to get the Google Pixel 4 and Google Pixel 4 XL in Singapore
- Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL Starhub plans https://www.starhub.com/personal/promotions/google-pixel-4.html
- Only Telco to Offer Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL – press release here.