I am writing this article to give my quick thoughts on the Volareo Smart Speakers, the one you may have seen on Indiegogo.
Update from the Volareo Team – Project is being put on hold for now. Waiting on further updates from the team.
I am not affiliated with Volareo in any way, I am only an interested customer and am excited about the potential that the device they are selling offers.So,]]>
Why I am looking into getting a Volareo blockchain speaker?I have been looking at the various smart home assistants, such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple Smart home and well, all the smart home initiatives and products that all the big tech companies are pushing out to consumers lately. I have already picked up a Google Home Mini, using a Roku 3, Chromecast at home, so why am I keen to explore this device? Well, a few key reasons:
- Sound/ Music – Sound music speaker that also has a Smart Assistant. It is Open Source and built on top of Musicoin which is the only live music streaming system with a blockchain
- Smart enable your TV (via HDMI) – to give it voice controls. It’s the only one on the market that does that. Essentially, it is a speaker that doubles Android TV box as well.
- The speaker that doesn’t spy on you
The ability to tip your favourite musicians is an amazing bonus.
- Volareo is the first open source smart speaker that is backed by blockchain technology
- A Portable, Voice-controlled Smart Speaker that streams media from Spotify, YouTube, Twitch, Netflix, Musicoin, Emanate and many more.
- Made to move! Enjoy your media on the go with 6-8 hours of non-stop usage
- Android, WiFi, Bluetooth, Wireless Charging
- Easily buy and spend crypto with your voice, tip musicians with crypto
I have not tried one physically yet, and will write a review when I receive mine in Q1-2019. I am really looking forward to it!
Here’s a bunch of videos and articles for those keen to research and explore more about them.