You’re probably thinking about whether HubSpot is a good place to do blogging on, what’s available on the HubSpot tool, how do you blog using HubSpot, etc. One thing that you may have been thinking the most is, if I change my blogging software:
- How easy is it to migrate my blog?
- What’s involved in the process of moving my blog?
What’s the process to migrate your blog from WordPress to HubSpot?Well, we do so in three key steps, that is:
- Exporting from WordPress
- Importing to HubSpot
- Reviewing and Redirecting Traffic
Exporting from WordPressThis step involves exporting an xml file from WordPress This will include blog post with details such as:
- Date of post
- Status (Draft, Published)
Importing to HubSpot
- This involves importing the blog posts into HubSpot.
Reviewing and Redirecting Traffic
- This involves reviewing and checking that the blog post links work well and look fine
- This is also aims to ensure that current traffic continues to go to your blog posts. Ideally, we do this at three key ways:
- WordPress site redirects (as required) – setting up redirects so that traffic to your current website links on your WordPress website makes it’s way to your new location on HubSpot
- Search engine redirects – that is telling search engines that your website links have changed and moved
Interested in finding out more?
- Read the step by step guide slides in more detail on How to migrate your blog from WordPress to HubSpot SlideShare
- You’ll also find information on “How to import your WordPress blog posts into a HubSpot COS blog” on the HubSpot Academy.